Waste Management & Environment County Chief Officer Jobs, Latest Public Health Jobs, Kiambu County Jobs
COUNTY CHIEF OFFICER, WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ENVIRONMENT– JOB GROUP CPSB 02, (1 POST)WATER, ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The County Chief Officer shall be the authorized person in the exercise of delegated power and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Member.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Public Health;
- At least 5 years of postgraduate experience;
- A Master Degree in a relevant field specializing in Environmental related courses including Waste management, Ecology, Water or any other relevant Masters will be an added advantage;
- Wider experience in environmental related research, familiarity with waste and environmental standards, excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Good in administrative skills particularly in respect of human, financial and material resources management;
- Competency in developing, implementing, and monitoring institutional policies and procedures;
- Leadership skills in maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently, as well as in teams;
- Stakeholders and community mobilization on environmental related issues
- Working with staff and involving our key partners, develop the County’s strategy for a sustainable environment, defining the key ways in which outcomes will be achieved and success measured in support of the objectives and values of the County;
- Help to determine the vision and strategy for waste management, communicate them to partners, represent and promote the waste strategy at local, regional and national levels;
- Provide strong and visible leadership to the services in the directorate to ensure contribution to the agreed strategy. Ensure that services comply with all relevant legislation and statutory requirements within an acceptable level of risk;
- Provide guidance and support to the department in translating its waste and environmental objectives and priorities into coherent initiatives that will deliver intended outcomes for Kiambu County;
- Develop constructive relationships and partnerships with a range of stakeholders including business, government agencies, community, private sector and community planning partners at both local, national and international level;
- Ensure that the cross cutting themes of environment, planning, urban renewal, sustainability, transport, engagement and social inclusion are fully embedded so that the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of residents and communities is promoted, maintained and protected;
- Represent the County in environmental and waste technical meetings and perform other duties as assigned from time to time;
How to Apply
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the application form in our website.
Forward your duly completed application form (in excel format) to the email account indicated below. ([email protected])
The Board will NOT accept any hand delivered or postal applications, ALL applications are strictly through the email provided.
In addition, fill the online form at https://forms.gle/PQ7SLDKB5aGxUofPA
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
The Shortlisted candidates shall also be required to produce valid clearance documents from;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Credit Reference Bureau
The County Public Service Board is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications so as to reach the undersigned on or before 11th May, 2020 at 5.00 pm.
County Public Service Board County Government of Kiambu P.O Box 2362-00900