Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers.
SAII is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, reporting directly to the Regional Project Manager.
Job Purpose: The purpose of the job is to ensure effective planning, implementation and reporting of Monitoring and Evaluation related activities for the West Kenya Cotton Development Project.The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will advise the Regional Manager in planning, implementation and reporting of monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the Project. S/He will contribute to the development of project M&E system, tracking performance indicators, development/ of data collection tools, data collection, analysis and reporting and drafting of learning papers. S/He will build the capacity of Implementing Partners in M & E, manage surveys through SAII’s specific methodologies and tools and provide accurate analysis and presentation of information to enhance SAII’s position as a strong development organization.
- In liaison with the Regional Project Manager(RPM) establish a sound M&E system both at the project and partner organizations levels.
- Take lead in planning and execution of M&E related activities for the project as stipulated in the project M&E Plan including surveys, evaluations and research,
- Ensure M&E frameworks, tools and techniques are in place for effective tracking of the project indicators’ performance and results,
- Undertake monitoring visits to the field throughout the project implementation period, as needed to support and/ or supervise data collection or verify data quality,
- In liaison with the RPM organize project review meetings on regular basis to reflect on implementation process, challenges faced, innovations and lessons learnt,
- Support project staff and implementing partners to manage and maintain an up to date project database system,
- In liaison with the RPM, identify training needs, develop a capacity building plan and facilitate capacity development of the implementing partners and project staff on project related Monitoring and Evaluation processes,
- In liaison with the Project Accountant maintain a Master Project file for all project data, reports, photographs, correspondences, donor reports and documentaries for future reference
- Ensure documentation of case studies and Impact stories is done and that accurate project data is utilised for press releases, social media and website among others
- Support the PM in compiling quarterly, annual and other reports required by SHA and/or the donor with input from the programme team
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of donor funded project with skills in result based M&E frameworks, indicator tracking, Development of data collection tools and report writing.
- Excellent knowledge and practice on Project Cycle management
- Demonstrated experience in handling large volumes of data and database management
- Advanced skills in data analysis and visualization
- Practical/ Field experience in data quality control and management
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Demonstrated experience in Web based platforms /Mobile application
- A degree in Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Planning & Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Training in monitoring and evaluation and/or Project Management will be an added advantage
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of SAII Kenya
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices
- Excellent facilitation, communication, leadership and interpersonal relation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to deliver desired results within strict deadlines
Closing Date : 29 May, 2020