Ilara Health brings accurate and affordable diagnostics to the 500 million people in Africa who today struggle to access a simple blood test. We distribute low-cost, AI-powered diagnostic devices directly to primary care doctors in peri-urban and rural clinics, where the availability of common diagnostics is very poor.
Do you want to have an immense impact in a VC-backed start-up by providing diagnostic services to thousands of pharmacies in Africa?
Ilara Health is seeking a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative to sell new test kits to pharmacies across Kenya. Ilara Health provides an innovative approach where we sell diagnostics, but also do marketing on behalf of pharmacies to help them attract more customers.
The role requires
- identifying the ideal partner pharmacies that Ilara Health should be working with
- building strong relationships with these pharmacies,
- identifying their diagnostic needs and selling them Ilara Health’s new test kits
- on-boarding them to these new test kits so they can improve care to their patients.
- Identify the ideal partner pharmacies that Ilara Health should be working with (pharmacies that have sufficient volumes and provide great service to their customers)
- Building strong relationships with these pharmacies so they trust us and want to work with us
- Sell them Ilara Health’s new test kits
- Onboard them to these new test kits
- Proactively identify new products and services that we can offer to pharmacies
- B.Sc in Biomedical Sciences Or Diploma in Biomedical Sciences/Pharmacy/Nursing from a recognized institution (desired but not a must)
- Deep knowledge of Kenya’s pharmaceutical market
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets in pharmaceutical environment
- Adaptable & comfortable in a complicated and constantly evolving business environment. Fast learner. Willing to contribute in areas beyond formal job description.
- Willingness to work a variety of hours as the business demands, including occasionally late nights & weekends.
- Knowledge of healthcare systems in emerging markets and the challenges they present (e.g. cost constraints, human resource constraints)
- Linguistic capabilities: Swahili, Local dialects, English
- Familiarity with Office applications (especially Excel) as well as Google Drive, Skype etc.
Benefits of working at Ilara Health:
- At Ilara Health, we are a diverse team of highly energized local and international individuals, committed to listening to the needs of our consumers in peri-urban/rural primary healthcare facilities that do not have access to common diagnostic tests.
- Every individual from our interns to the company founders contribute to the success of the company in different ways.
- Every team member at Ilara Health has the same drive and excitement towards achieving the collective goals. Working hard and being creative are synonymous in our start-up ethos.
- You will have the opportunity to directly/indirectly impact pharmacies and primary healthcare facilities/patients by dramatically improving the quality of healthcare for millions.
Please email you CV/Resume to [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject of the email.