– Sharon and Melon were reportedly separated at birth in 1999 at Kakamega General Hospital
– Sharon stayed in Nairobi with her mother while her alleged twin was in Kakamega with her parents
– The third girl named Mevies was brought up together with Melon as twin sisters despite striking physical differences
– A DNA test was conducted by Pathologists Lancet Kenya laboratories on Friday, April 19
– Results released on Saturday, June 15, showed Sharon and Melon are biologically identical twins
– The two share identical DNA profiles with a 100% perfect match
According to the results released on Saturday, June 15, Sharon Mitekwa and Melon Lutenya are biologically identical twins and share identical DNA profiles with a 100% perfect match.
This means Rosemary Onyango is the biological mother of Sharon and Melon who have 99.999% compatibility.
Rosemary is therefore excluded from being the mother of Mevies Imbaya who she brought up together with Melon believing they were twins despite striking physical differences.
A similar test on Angelina Omina who raised Sharon as her daughter in Nairobi since her birth in 1999, showed a mismatch of 13 out 23 loci with her.
A loci above 3 mismatches is considered a grounds for exclusion of paternity.
Melon and Mevies met on Facebook in April 2019 after allegedly being separated from their respective biological mothers at Kakamega Provincial General Hospital, now Kakamega Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Upon their delivery, the pair was placed in separate incubators and after one week, their mum was discharged and happily raised them not knowing one girl had been mistakenly switched with Angeline’s.
Additional reporting By: Thaddeus Asesa, TUKO Correspondent.
The Kenyan Lady Who Married Herself –TUKO TV